National Vietnamese Scouting Committee (NVSC) Description
The mission of the National Vietnamese Scouting Committee is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling them the values of the Scout Oath and Law, focusing on the expanding programs and initiatives directed at the Vietnamese who live in the United States.
II. Committee Concept
The National Vietnamese Scouting Committee is responsible to the Multicultural Markets Committee, BSA, and works closely with the Director of the Multicultural Markets Committee to provide the Scouting program to the Vietnamese American community nationwide.
III. Principal responsibilities
- Membership - Assist local councils in:
- Unit/Lien Doan Organization/Development
- Commissioner Service
- Marketing & Communications
- Develop & evaluate marketing literature (English/Vietnamese)
- Develop & evaluate program literature (English/Vietnamese)
- Vietnamese Scouting newsletter
- Internet: Huongdao.org, hdvietnam.net & Huongdao yahoogroups e-mail
- Programs, Training & Activities-Work with local councils to conduct:
- National/Regional events
- Vietnamese National Jamboree
- Leadership Training
- Youth Leadership Training
- Wood Badge
- Vietnamese Philmont Conferences
IV. Meeting pattern
The National Vietnamese Scouting Committee will meet once or twice a year, and/or as needed.