Updated Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) Syllabus Released
Scouting U has just released an updated version of the syllabus for Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills. The new version of the syllabus increases the use of the Patrol Method throughout the instructional methodology to model the Patrol Method for participants. In addition, the following revisions have been made:
- Edited for electronic viewing and printing
- Advancement requirement updated to match the 2016 program updates
- Course was shortened to 1½ days with two suggested agendas
- First Aid was deleted (encourage participants to take a First Aid certification course in its place)
- Leave No Trace was replaced with Outdoor Ethics including TREAD Lightly.
- New emphasis on how to teach Scouts outdoor skills.
The new syllabus can be downloaded at http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx